Saturday, June 23, 2007


Food on the Table...


It was fun while it lasted

The heat of the sun filled the empty room as I was gasping for a cool breeze... I remembered, my sister turned off the AirCondition and the Electric Fan was broken... I checked the time, it was already 12 in the afternoon. I stretched up and went down to eat my "breakfast".

The house was in a total mess when I came down, the "housemates" are always having their "spring cleaning" every sunday... But then they never managed to put the sofas and tables back in place. I went to the dining table and noticed that the food was already served... Somehow, I felt relieved...

But then I wasn't very happy with this kind of setup before. Our former housemate also serves the food on the dining table and we have to go there to eat it. This process was good because my family and I can eat together. Well, not really every time because my parents often comes home very late. But then, one day, I asked her If she can serve the food to me so I don't have to go to the table anymore (I'm such a lazy bum). He looked at me with those angry eyes. Probably like you see on YM with this smiley ":-". Oh, how I dreamt of having dinner in front of the pc...

Then one day, she left our house to go home to her province, and then came another housemate. This time, her modes are different. She now serves the food on US. We'll just tell her on what we want to eat then she serves it on us. My dream if finally coming true! No more going up and down to go to the dining table, no more distractions, no more stolen time on conferences and... No more together time with my family... Now that I think of it, I never thought of that before... I was having so much relief on the setup, I forgot the real meaning of having dinner on the dining table... It is the bonding with the family that counts right?..

Sometimes I got tired of the same setup every morning. Everytime I'm hungry and looks for food. And when the housemates are all in bed having their "siesta", there's no food served at the table. It was very frustrating because, I can't cook heavy meals. That was the time when I thought, enough is enough...

Then our housemate left our house saying "magbabakasyon muna ako". Then came another housemate. And as you can see, everything is back to normal... She serves the food on the table again... But then, the lazy bum inside of me misses the former setup... Well, everything is back to normal and I must say... It was fun while it lasted...

"Wait, I'm not finished with my food! Wait! Stop it! Don't clean it yet! Argh! Ateee!!"

Labels:


posted by icarus_05 @ 8:44 PM Comments: 1

The Music they shared
Locations of visitors to this page


The Author

Pseudonym: Icarus05
Birthday: April 25, 1990
Address: Novaliches, Quezon City
Province: Infanta, Quezon
School: University of the East
Course: Computer Science

Sports: Bowling, Volleyball

Hobbies: Bowling, Playing Guitar, Writing Stories, Writing Songs, Chatting, Blog hopping, Stargazing, Flyff-ing, Playing Ragnarok

About me: Single and Waiting! ;) A night person, very passionate and dedicated to everything I do, A lover trying to find himself and his true place here in the world...

Lost in this cold place, Never knowing where to go, I need you, I need someone, I need anyone


Posts



Archives


Stories

Theater Life
My textmate, my soulmate
Endless Journey
Our Rendevous
Til' They Take my heart away
The Taste of Love
The Hymn of the Tree
Our Last Anniversary
Goodbye
Moonlight Sonata
Jealousy
Childhood Boogie
The Festival of hearts
Time Withers
How she took my heart
Our last dance
The Cure for the Common Hitch
A Dreamer's Lullaby
A Vision of a Broken Heart
Of Tears and Metamorphosis
Sa Mata ng Kalawakan
Panahon na Naman
The Lost Paradise
The Fate's Dagger
The Coin


Sign of Life




A way out of the darkness



The Island

I would like to thank...
  • Photoshop 9 CS2
  • Me for the patience.
  • Blogger for the Blog space.
  • Karla for the Template.
  • Utakgago for the photoshop and template tips.
  • And to you my fellow bloggers for welcoming me here.

Finally, with your support, I managed to grab the award! Thank you Guys so much! But still, Vote for your favorite blogs...
Vote for the deserving


4th Placer for week 14 and 15.

2nd Placer for week 16 and 17

Filipino Blog of The Week for Week 18


Hall of Famer through Fast Track

r>