Saturday, September 16, 2006


The Hymn of the Tree...


The night was ours...

The stars are shining brightly that night, you clinged into my arms and I held your soft hands... Seems the two of us never wanted to let go... I really don't want to let go... I don't want this night to end...

Under a tree we lie down, looking at the stars and counting them as the universe blanketed us with its infinity... A cold breeze caressed us, carried us and made us fly, fly high in this night sky... I was smiling, and you are too. We never thought that our lives will be as good as we dreamt it to be... To think that, in this place... In this place, it all started...


I was trying to find a perfect spot that day, so I can lie down for a while and take a rest... While I was walking around this large garden near the seashore, I heard a voice... A lady's voice... It was the most beautiful hymn I had ever heard in my entire life.. She was singing, singing her heart out... Although, I felt her feelings, she was sad that time... I moved closer, is it probably because I want to hear more? is it probably because she is beautiful? or is it because, I want to help her? Whatever the reasons may be... I made up my mind...

She was sitting in this large tree, a tree that seemed to stood there for almost a century now... It was a very nice spot for a rest, but it became perfect when I met her there... I came closer and gave her a flower... The most beautiful flower in the garden, next to her... She smiled as tears fell from her eyes... She murmured her first words to me... "Thank you so much..." "Thank you for what?" I asked curiously... Then she pointed me the flower I gave... I smiled gently at her... As easy as that, I've fallen in love with her... Slowly, she came closer, I got the chance to know her more... We became closer to each other... But then the day has to end so sudden, the sun wave its hands to us, as he descends from the heavens unto the never ending horizon... We watched him, amazed by his beauty... I looked at her eyes... It was sparkling, probably because of the light that the sunset shared to us... But it was different... Somehow, I felt her feelings again... She was happy, contented... I don't know why...

Everyday, as I go to this place you're always there, the only difference is, you don't sing those sad songs anymore... Every melody of your song, I felt your joy, every words you utter always makes me smile... Everyday, we grow closer to each other, we were in love... And I had this feeling of gladness that I wouldn't wanted to take away... But what if she leaves? Just like that?.. I don't want her to leave... Never...

Time flies so fast, when I'm with you... Seems like the sun is always running ang making way to the moon... Day turned into a night... But this night was different... I felt strange...

The stars are shining brightly that night, you clinged into my arms and I held your soft hands... Seems the two of us never wanted to let go... I really don't want to let go... I don't want this night to end... Then she uttered again those words... "Thank You" she said happily... "Thanks for what?"... I asked... She brought out the flower that I gave her when we first met... "Thank you, for this..." ... "You already thanked me... No need..." ... "Thank you too, for coming into my life..." She said... I Just smiled embraced her and suddenly she closed her eyes took a nap on my shoulder... She was very peaceful, then a small mark of smile was visible upon her face...

I slowly opened my eyes... To my surprise, she was not there... Nobody was there... I looked at the large tree that was in front of me... The tree moved slightly as if it was waving at me... Nothing really happened... It was only a dream... But then again... It felt so real... I looked at the tree once more... And to my amusement... The tree was not old anymore... It was blooming with flowers around it... I moved closer... And was shocked by the object that I saw... I saw a... I saw a tombstone... With her name, written all over it... Tears flowed from my eyes... Then I looked at my hands, and saw something peculiar... I'm holding a flower...

I closed my eyes for one last moment...
Smiled gently and offered the flower to her...
Somehow... Maybe somehow...
I am satisfied...

Labels:


posted by icarus_05 @ 1:04 AM Comments: 20

The Music they shared
Locations of visitors to this page


The Author

Pseudonym: Icarus05
Birthday: April 25, 1990
Address: Novaliches, Quezon City
Province: Infanta, Quezon
School: University of the East
Course: Computer Science

Sports: Bowling, Volleyball

Hobbies: Bowling, Playing Guitar, Writing Stories, Writing Songs, Chatting, Blog hopping, Stargazing, Flyff-ing, Playing Ragnarok

About me: Single and Waiting! ;) A night person, very passionate and dedicated to everything I do, A lover trying to find himself and his true place here in the world...

Lost in this cold place, Never knowing where to go, I need you, I need someone, I need anyone


Posts



Archives


Stories

Theater Life
My textmate, my soulmate
Endless Journey
Our Rendevous
Til' They Take my heart away
The Taste of Love
The Hymn of the Tree
Our Last Anniversary
Goodbye
Moonlight Sonata
Jealousy
Childhood Boogie
The Festival of hearts
Time Withers
How she took my heart
Our last dance
The Cure for the Common Hitch
A Dreamer's Lullaby
A Vision of a Broken Heart
Of Tears and Metamorphosis
Sa Mata ng Kalawakan
Panahon na Naman
The Lost Paradise
The Fate's Dagger
The Coin


Sign of Life




A way out of the darkness



The Island

I would like to thank...
  • Photoshop 9 CS2
  • Me for the patience.
  • Blogger for the Blog space.
  • Karla for the Template.
  • Utakgago for the photoshop and template tips.
  • And to you my fellow bloggers for welcoming me here.

Finally, with your support, I managed to grab the award! Thank you Guys so much! But still, Vote for your favorite blogs...
Vote for the deserving


4th Placer for week 14 and 15.

2nd Placer for week 16 and 17

Filipino Blog of The Week for Week 18


Hall of Famer through Fast Track

r>